Wanted to secure their intellectual property rights
Lyko has now collaborated with us for several years and used our services, such as trademark and domain monitoring.
For Lyko, we where the obvious choice of partner when the company’s extensive need for trademark protection became apparent.
– We wanted to secure our intellectual property rights and remain in full control of our brand. Lyko often hires specialists of various trades, so that we can focus on our core business, says Tom Thörnblom, Head of Communications and Sustainability at Lyko.
Gets help with trademark and domain monitoring
Lyko holds several brands and domains, which are continuously monitored by us.
– The team at Ports Group are responsive and fast-moving. They inform us whenever a domain name is available or if a new trademark linked to our industry is filed for registration, which provides us with good intelligence and an eye on our competitors. Since we operate across Europe, they also provide us with information on new trademark registrations in neighboring markets, which could potentially cause concern in the long run.
Lyko is a fast growing company, but in terms of number of employees, the company is still too small to have in-house experts to advice on all aspects of trademark protection – digitally, legally, and technically.
Lyko sought preventive action and investment – Cheaper to do right from the start
– It was mainly a matter of prioritization on our part that led to the collaboration. We do not have the skills or capacity in these matters and Ports Group also provides us with excellent system support. We own approximately 30 domains and 20 registered trademarks and the list is constantly growing. In the digital world, doing the right thing from the start is always the most cost-effective. So, for us, working with Ports Group is a preventive measure and investment, says Tom Thörnblom.
We at Ports works continuously and proactively. Our team regularly consults with Lyko and whenever required they provide advice on measures that may need to be taken.
– Then we have the reactive measures, when for example a domain has become available or if someone has filed a trademark registration application similar to one of our trademarks, says Tom Thörnblom and continues.
– Ports Group has a network of sub-consultants, which provides flexibility and speed, and they also coordinate our efforts and handle our contacts in each country. In addition, Ports Group takes care of several other practicalities, such as making sure that all payments associated with our domain names are made on time. It may sound self-evident, but such simple things make a big difference to make my workday less stressful.